Real Estate Law
At POHL, PA, our attorneys represent developers, owners, equity investors, home builders, lenders, governments and other real estate professionals in all aspects of real estate ownership, finance, development, management and disposition.
Our clients range from individual owners and investors to publicly-traded companies. We provide general outside counsel to a number of privately-held development companies in our region. We also represent privately-held and publicly-traded corporations in the purchase, development, management, leasing and disposition of their extensive real estate holdings working in tandem with in-house counsel and client real estate teams.
We help our clients negotiate and close the full range of real estate transactions, including:
- Re-zoning, variances, development approvals and other entitlements
- Purchases and sales of single properties and multiple property portfolios
- Development agreements, TIFs and incentives
- Site development agreements and REAs
- Condominiums and Planned Unit Developments (PUDs)
- Equity investments and joint ventures
- Sale/leaseback transactions
- Construction, mezzanine and permanent financing, for single property or multiple-site transactions
- Tax-exempt bond financing for medical and educational facilities
- Loan modifications, ownership restructures and workouts
- Real estate tax appeals and tax exemptions
Our work spans all property types, from raw land to complex mixed-use developments, and has involved projects throughout the United States.
Most important, we have a deep understanding of the real estate business and strive to provide our clients with sound legal counsel and practical solutions. Our clients look to us to “get the deal done,” and we work proactively to resolve issues and close transactions quickly.
POHL TITLE COMPANY, LLC
POHL TITLE COMPANY, LLC is a full-service title agency with closing personnel, paralegals and title examiners who are supervised by and work in conjunction with designated residential and commercial real estate lawyers of POHL, PA. It handles a full spectrum of transactions from residential to small commercial real estate loans to multi-state, multi-site real estate transactions.
An ancillary real estate business, wholly owned and operated by POHL, PA, POHL TITLE COMPANY, LLC is authorized to issue title insurance directly in South Carolina. They are a local agent for First American Title Insurance Company.
Through its relationships with its underwriters, POHL TITLE COMPANY, LLC is able to provide title insurance policies and services throughout South Carolina.
If you are looking for an attorney whom you can turn to for sound advice, call us today.